Wednesday 17 February 2010

Delicious?

Social tagging... Hmmm. I'd seen the little icon on the pages of various websites which I browse and had never (as usual) looked into it any further, so once again I am being forced to find this stuff out and, also once again, I am finding that I sort of like it...
The concept of being able to share bookmarks for things which are useful/fun/vaguely entertaining is appealing, not only from the point of view of using other computers (although as long as I have Firefox I can use XMarks for that), but also because sometimes you just come across something which you have to show your Mum! I imported all my bookmarks to Delicious automatically (have I mentioned here how much I love Firefox?? I don't know what I was thinking wasting my time on IE for so long...), and will therefore have to do some tidying, but I did add the url for the Theban Mapping Project as that is one of my favourite Web resources; a wonderful source of information about the Valley of the Kings in Egypt.
I will expand on this at some other time, for now I am happy to have started finding out about Delicious, and will explore further when I have time later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment