Friday 19 March 2010

Wikis

This task looked at first to be pretty straightforward, but having attempted a deeper investigation I once again find myself with more to do than I have time to do it!
I object on general principle to the first thing I noticed when I opened the page to which we were directed (http://socialouls.wetpaint.com/) which was the dreadful flashing and leaping-around advert right at the top of the page. I realise that these sites must generate revenue by selling advertising; it is a shame that the adverts on this particular page were directed at teenage girls rather than at a more sensible audience.
I had a look around the site but as I have been busy this week it looks as if the references to OULS have been expunged quite well by the hundreds of my colleagues who are taking part in this! I will bookmark the site for future reference, and may deign to edit something if I discover an error in the future, but don't hold your breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment