Wednesday 10 March 2010

Tweeting as Inky_fluff

I must admit to having been looking forward to Twitter. I might even have delayed joining in order to do so as part of 23 Things!
I have found several people/things to follow and look forward to exploring more; time constraints due to working (that old issue again...) mean that I cannot explore for as long as I would like to today, but the appeal of something so well, tidy, compared to the sprawling mess of Facebook is such that I think I will probably engage with this quite well.
A word about my user name: long ago in the dim-distant past (2003), I used to participate on a forum on the Daily Info's website. Inky fluff was the name I chose, mainly because I spent a lot of time cleaning library stamps during that period of my illustrious career and inky fluff is what you get if you clean a stamp! It was also anonymous enough for me not to worry about the possibility of being discovered... in those days the idea of an online identity frightened me more than it does now, although I still have the occasional twinge about the prospect of so much data about me being available. Although, having said that I did have that existential crisis last week when I Googled myself, so perhaps I shouldn't worry so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment