Friday 5 March 2010

LinkedIn

Hoorah! I have completed both Things this week without having to spill over into next week! Well, when I say completed, I have a very sketchy LinkedIn account now, which I will probably seldom use but which might be of use to me in a professional capacity someday.
It's rather a boring website, a bit too much green for my tastes, and the instructions are even more obtuse than Facebook, which took me some time to figure out. I have come across this service before in a professional capacity; as part of my job I sometimes have to look up academics who have supervised theses which I am cataloguing and they often have profiles on LinkedIn, albeit sketchy ones with hardly any details (a bit like mine then...).
I suppose if I think about my long-term professional future then services which provide work-related contacts with people are potentially going to be of use to me. For the time being, however, I am still vaguely uncomfortable about the level of Web presence I do have, whilst also being a bit depressed that when I Googled myself the other day I didn't find myself AT ALL. Talk about an existential crisis!

No comments:

Post a Comment