Tuesday 26 January 2010

First things first...

Well, this is new!
When I first heard about the 23 Things Programme I was dubious that I would manage to find the time for it as I am already in the throes of a Masters degree by Distance Learning and seem to spend an inordinate amount of my spare time doing that. Still, Laura Wilkinson is persuasive, and I figured that there was probably much I could learn from the programme.
The trouble with the internet is that it is like any tool; you use it in the ways you know how to use it. With all the developments that have happened in the last few years it would be foolish of me to put off learning about any of these things any longer. I am typically late to embrace these things; I only joined Facebook in November last year!!
I don't know that I have any expectations for the Programme. I hope that some of the things I learn about will eventually become second nature, much like all the other innovations (mobiles, email etc) have over the years. Those I find less useful will no doubt fall by the wayside, but at the end of the day if you don't try new stuff you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment